Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Well I can say for a fact, that last nights fireworks across the Hudson were the best I have ever seen. I had the wonderful opportunity to sit in my sister's father-in-laws apartment on the 41st floor. We had an unobstructed view of the Hudson. We watched as the Hudson River filled up with boats and when it was dark it looked as though the city extended across the water to Jersey, with all of the boat lights. Then it was fun to watch the six barges that were filled with fireworks get into position. We had good food and I was with great company. When the Macy's show started we turned on the TV to channel 4 and had it on in the background so we could hear the Boston Pops play as the fireworks exploded before our eyes. I have never had the opportunity to see them from a wonderful angle, it was amazing. It felt like we were in box seats at a Jazz game. It was so fun listening to Maddie as she ooo-ed and ah-ed over her first firework show.

Happy 4th everyone!

2 comments:

Our Sunny SoCal Life said...

Nothing better than a bird's eye view and sharing a communal event. I'm glad that there is still money in the budget to have fireworks.

sepa said...

wish i could have had a front row seat. :( hope you're well, lady!