Thursday, July 30, 2009

San Diego Trip 2009


I had the opportunity to travel to San Diego recently. I was so excited to feel the intense sun of the west coast. I often feel that the east coast doesn't have the same sunshine as the west. I know it is all in my head, but it just seems to be much brighter on the west coast. I arrived in San Diego on July 14th and after a long flight from New York I took it easy for the rest of the day.

July 15th was the day first day we spent at SeaWorld. I have to say that I really enjoyed being up close to some amazing sea life, but my favorite part of that day was going with my niece to the Shamu Show. My niece Maddie was so cute. There is part of the show where they have the audience do the Shamu Slam. You lift both hands in the air in front of you and then bring them down, and repeat. During this time the orca swims in the tank splashing the audience. My little niece who is 18 months old was having so much fun doing the slam. I have attached a video, but she just at the very end.


July 16th I had the opportunity to take the Amtrak up to Dana Point. The ride on the train was beautiful. I got to see some wonderful beaches. I was going up to visit friends that I had while I lived in Salt Lake. Christy Johnson picked me up at the train station, and took me over to visit another good friend from Salt Lake, Barbie Miranda. After a good visit, I went with Christy to see where Christy and Eric had just moved. They have a beautiful view of the ocean.

Then I spent some quality time with Christy and Eric.

That night Barbie, George and their two beautiful children joined us for dinner. We had a great dinner, and then Eric and Christy took me down to the beach to have a nice walk. It was so wonderful to spend the day with such good friends.

The next day Eric drove me back to San Diego and I spent another day at Sea World with Seth, Maddie and Tammy. Tammy and I got to ride the Atlantis and we all checked out the Commerson's Dolphin. Maddie loved the dolphin. It is black and white and a small dolphin. I borrowed this picture from the web. I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture at SeaWorld. They were so cute. I think they were my favorite animal there.


Our last day in San Diego was spent at La Jolla. Terri was meeting up with a friend there and so we went there before we had to go to the airport.

Tammy and I walked a long the coast then we went to the museum there. It was featuring architecture. I really enjoyed it, but Tammy said she would have preferred paintings. I have this fun picture of Tammy in the garden by a sculpture.

2 comments:

The Leo said...

I have never been to San Diego but it all sound so wonderfully sunny!! Sounds like you had a great time. Are you getting all your adventures in before school starts?

Our Sunny SoCal Life said...

I'm so glad you came to visit us in Dana Point. It was wonderful to share our experiences with a good friend. Thanks for your help cleaning in the old apartment and organizing the chaos in the new one.

Hope your schooling goes well. We'll be thinking of you.