Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

Wow! I am so excited that I was able to witnesses such a momentous event. It was so exciting to see such a historical event take place. I know I have heard so much about Obama not having experience and crap about Obama being associated with radicals. What I saw last night was a man who elegantly spoke about his love for his country and his desire to bring much needed change. I saw a man who really loves his wife and his children. I saw a man who is educated and ready to serve, but humbled by the huge task that lays before him. I was also impressed with McCain's concession speak. He was graceful, and I only hope that those who voted for him will follow suit.

I loved seeing the celebrations of all the people who had voted for him. I loved seeing the faces filled with tears. This was something that the majority of us thought we would never see in our life time. It is possible for a man to be judged by the content of his character and not by the color of his skin.

I did wonder at the contrast of the two different venues that were chosen for the speeches. Obama thanked everyone at Grant Park in Chicago, filled with supporters that flowed into the streets. McCain's had chosen an upscale hotel in Phoenix that look extremely isolated. I felt that McCain's choice was a representation of the Republican party and where it is today. Elitists that are out of touch with the people. I used to be a Republican, but I have been so disappointed with the party that I left. I am proud to say that I voted for Obama.

2 comments:

The Leo said...

It has been so very exciting!! I'm thrilled myself. I had to go to the doctor on Thursday and the intake form asked me about the last time I was happy. I put yesterday because that was the day after the election! I am still celebrating in my heart. I am still glad of McCain's decision to Palin for VP, though. I think she is more in touch with the Conservative middle class than Republicans in general have been for a long time.

Goose Girl Photography said...

Tiff,

It was such a great election day and an historic one too. Glad we see eye to eye on this :) Both Will and I also voted for Barack Obama.

Hope to see you soon. Give me a call.

Aga