Sunday, August 16, 2009

NYC half marathon


Well this morning I ran the NYC half marathon. Since May 3rd I had been planning on running the race. I had ample time to train, but I just couldn't get myself out to run like I had in the past. I ran maybe once or twice a month the last three months. Let me just say that is not a good training plan. The last time I ran was a 10K on July 26th.

Today I ran one of the hardest races, of my life. It was hot and humid which didn't help with me being so out of shape. Thank goodness there were no injuries, and I felt good for the most part accept my feet, and the blasted heat. My feet were not accustomed to the mileage, but I can say that I didn't get any blisters. Yeah! My endurance is what I really struggled with.

I'm beginning to think I'm a little masochistic in my running. I ran the 2004 Salt Lake Marathon without training. At least then I was still running six miles three times a week. Who signs up for races and then doesn't train? Me, I'm guilty.

2 comments:

The Leo said...

At least you know you can do it! Yaay for you!

sepa said...

you're a stud!