Friday, September 4, 2009

Under the Same Moon

Tonight I wanted a break from homework. Yes, it is my first week and I'm already looking for breaks from homework. Well I had this movie that I ordered from Blockbuster and it seemed like the perfect way to give my mind a break. Really, did I need a break after only one day of reading. Oh, back to the reason I'm writing this, and it is not to avoid studying, okay maybe a little. I digress.

Under the Same Moon "The debut feature from director Patricia Riggen, this drama centers on a young boy's journey across the U.S./Mexico border to be reunited with his mother. Adrian Alonso stars as Carlitos, a Mexican adolescent living with his grandmother while his mother works as a maid in the U.S., hoping someday to send for her child. But when the grandmother dies unexpectedly, Carlitos must sneak across the border and seek out his mother. Featuring a supporting performance by America Ferrera of ABC's Ugly Betty, Under the Same Moon premiered at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, where it received a standing ovation. ~ Matthew Tobey, All Movie Guide"

Oh, this was a beautiful movie. If you want a drama that is well made this is the film for you. I fell in love with Carlitos. I love how this little boy changed people. I cheered for him the whole time. I really enjoyed this movie, and felt hope. If you want a break from the normal Hollywood releases, this is a nice drama without being to heavy. You do have to be willing to read subtitles, but don't let that stop you. It was fabulous!

No comments: